Mental Health Professional – Full-Time
Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization
The Mental Health Professional serves as a liaison between children/families and systems, and provides a wide range of services depending on the needs and expectations of each child and family.
- Play lead role in a filed based crisis team that responds to crisis line calls 24/7 (on rotation, 1-2x/week) throughout the community (primarily hospitals and schools for on-call duties).
- Provide treatment to clients and their families in their home/school/community, to assist them in stabilizing and linking them to community resources.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by Supervisor and/or agency in a timely manner and meets the standards of HCA, HIPPA, Medi Cal and other funding sources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7 (on call duties are on a rotation basis, 1-2x/week) intensive crisis intervention and critical safety management services based on an on call schedule (stipend and flex time available upon approval for calls received outside of business hours).
- Services are to be provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
- Prove support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to emotional disturbance and stressors.
- Conduct a thorough clinical assessment including chief complaint, history, mental status, needs of family and disposition. Assessment is to be focused on the crisis and safety concerns.
- Develop and implement a Client Service Plan with collaboration of child and families, in order to provide Strength Based treatment.
- Areas of clinical focus include interventions focused on safety, coping skills, problem solving, social support and communication.
- Monitor child/family participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according to the child’s individual treatment plan.
- Participate as a member of multi-disciplinary team in all treatment plan reviews of children. Present case conceptualization and treatment plan in group supervision setting.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Document all services provided for contract compliance as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes
- Maintain contact with caregiver of clients who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Participate in weekly individual and team group supervision.
- Provide Family Line Support as needed.
- Maintain updated statistics monthly.
- Working on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Experience with families and children is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/Vietnamese preferred
- Registration with BBS required
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to Janel Falcon at [email protected] by 4/1/2021.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.