As our Major Gifts Officer, you will design, develop and implement our major gifts program. You will be
responsible for managing and cultivating relationships with existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects. Demonstrated ability to empathize with donors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. You will be expected to energize team members, persuade prospects and persevere to the end.
**The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!)**
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization.
- Secure major gifts at the $10,000 to $1,000,000 level with the goal of raising $500,000 – $1,000,000 annually.
- Manage systems and Salesforce to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
- Manage existing portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Work in partnership with the development department and CEO to align efforts.
- Create and implement Moves management plans and strategies.
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitations (e.g., provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications).
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition.
- Track and report progress using specific metrics.
- Coordinate major gift events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a variety of interactions, must be comfortable and excel in the full breadth of activities from drafting direct mail letters to giving solicitation presentations.
- Make donors feel valued and demonstrate sensitivity to their needs.
- Conduct outreach to the philanthropic community to host major gift fundraising events.
- Manage and maintain database of major gift donors and potential donors, network and build database regularly.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Six years of major gifts/fundraising experience in non-profit and/or higher education environment required, including prospect solicitation and management
- Six years of non-profit funds development experience
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, donor databases, Salesforce.
Preferred Education Experience:
- Master’s degree preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Orange County philanthropic community is an asset.
- Familiarity with “moves management”.
- Successful at executing acquisitions of high dollar (50k and higher level) gifts from individuals and families.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strength in analytical and design thinking/creative problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive, flexible, and team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Empathy, creativity, thoughtfulness and energy.
The Priority Center enforces weekly COVID-19 testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizer, require daily temperature scans and enforce social distancing.
To Apply/Contact Information:
Current interested applicants please submit HR Employment Application and current resume to