The Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization Program serves children up to age 18 who are at risk through suicidal or homicidal thoughts, yet don’t meet the criteria for hospitalization. The goal of the program is to diffuse the crisis, promote a healthy family, prevent self-harm (suicide), and keep the family unit together. Program services are field-based and include short term in-home therapy (individual and group), case management, and mental health rehabilitation with a focus on maintaining family stabilization and preventing hospitalization.
**The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!)**
The Pre-Licensed Clinician / Mental Health Professional serves as a liaison between children/families and systems, and provides a wide range of services depending on the needs and expectations of each child and family.
This position is field based, staff are not required to report to an office each day. Services are to be provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
- Play lead role in a filed based crisis team that responds to crisis line calls 24/7 (on rotation, 1-2x/week)throughout the community (primarily hospitals and schools for on-call duties).
- Provide treatment to clients and their families in their home/school/community, to assist them in stabilizing and linking them to community resources.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by Supervisor and/or agency in a timely manner and meets the standards of HCA, HIPPA, Medi Cal and other funding sources
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 24/7 (on call duties are on a rotation basis, 1-2x/week) intensive crisis intervention and critical safety management services based on an on-call schedule (stipend and flex time available upon approval for calls received outside of business hours).
- Services are to be provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule.
- Prove support to the individual child and family to help them cope with stressors related to emotional disturbance and stressors.
- Conduct a thorough clinical assessment including chief complaint, history, mental status, needs of family and disposition. Assessment is to be focused on the crisis and safety concerns.
- Develop and implement a Client Service Plan with collaboration of child and families, in order to provide Strength Based treatment.
- Areas of clinical focus include interventions focused on safety, coping skills, problem solving, social support and communication.
- Monitor child/family participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of service according to the child’s individual treatment plan.
- Participate as a member of multi-disciplinary team in all treatment plan reviews of children. Present case conceptualization and treatment plan in group supervision setting.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Document all services provided for contract compliance as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes
- Maintain contact with caregiver of clients who are hospitalized/respite/residential and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
- Attend all required trainings and meetings.
- Participate in weekly individual and team group supervision.
- Provide Family Line Support as needed.
- Maintain updated statistics monthly.
- Working on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Experience with families and children is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Registration with BBS required
The Priority Center enforces weekly COVID-19 testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizer, require daily temperature scans and enforce social distancing.
To Apply/Contact Information:
Current interested applicants please submit HR Employment Application and current resume to [email protected]