This program is derived from CalWORKS and provides resilient parenting and early learning connection services, including a minimum of monthly home visits for up to twenty-four months to families approved for participation by the Orange County Social Services Agency (SSA). The purpose of the program is to provide voluntary, high-quality, home visiting service to support positive health, development and well-being outcomes for pregnant and parenting women, families and infants born into poverty.
The Casework Specialist provides in-home parent education and community linkage.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by supervisor and/or agency in timely manner.
- Meet goals for opening/closing cases as defined by milestones provided by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide parenting education via the Commission approved KIPS (Keys to Interactive Parenting Scale) curriculum, PIPE (Partners in Parenting Education) activities, and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) curriculum
- Maintain a caseload of up to 28 clients/families
- Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection
- Conduct initial needs assessments
- Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
- Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
- Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
- Assist in public education activities as needed (speaking presentations to organizations, parent groups, etc.)
- Maintain cases in accordance with First 5 Orange County and Orange County Social Services Agency (SSA) requirements
- Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized KIPS assessment and Triple P assessment tools
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform development screenings, home safety checks, oral health education, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the Commission
- Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly case review
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Report weekly number of home visits, direct service hours, travel time, and other types of client statistics as needed for SSA/First Five Orange County reporting.
- Participate in the planning of various agency and program events as needed
- Assist in public education activities (speaking presentations to organizations and client outreach, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
- One year related experience required, 2 years preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is required
- Successful completion and maintenance of KIPS certification training program and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) certified
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
The Priority Center provides masks and hand sanitizer.
To Apply/Contact Information:
Current interested applicants please submit current resume to: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/The-Priority-Center/jobs