The per diem Crisis Clinician serves as a liaison between adults/families and systems and provides on a 24/7 basis, intake and assessment services to individuals experiencing an urgent mental health situation depending on the needs and expectations of each adult and family in the Adult In-Home Crisis Stabilization (AIHCS) program of the Child Abuse Prevention Center (Prevention Center). The position is on-call per diem weekends on an intermittent basis as needed between the hours of 5:00 pm Friday through 8:00 am Monday.
- Be part of a field based crisis team that responds to crisis line calls 24/7 throughout the community.
- Complete documentation as required by the Program Director and/or Program Supervisor in a timely manner and meets the standards of County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA), HIPPA, Medi-Cal and other funding sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 24/7 crisis intervention and critical safety management services in the home or Crisis Stabilization Unit facility to best accommodate the adult and family’s schedule.
- Conduct a thorough clinical assessment including chief complaint, history, mental status, needs of family, disposition, and focused on the crisis and safety concerns.
- Participate as a member of multi-disciplinary team in treatment plan reviews of adults as needed.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the adult/family.
- Document all services provided for HCA contract compliance, as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Valid California driver’s license
- Live Scan fingerprinting required
- Experience with families and adults is highly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish desirable
- Registration with California BBS required