Outreach & Engagement Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Full-Time
Outreach & Engagement Program
This is a hybrid position that combines outreach with case management. The Outreach & Engagement Specialist is familiar with and, a member of one of Orange County unserved or underserved communities, such as the Latino community, and is able to use her/his/their familiarity with the community to access unserved and underserved community members (all ages-but mostly adults) who normally would not receive information about mental health/mental illness issues or obtain help when needed.
This Spanish-speaking Bilingual Specialist has experience in mental health/social work and targets mental health/mental illness awareness through making outreach cold phone calls to local organizations daily during COVID-19, as well as distributing marketing flyers and promotional items, conducting educational presentations based on a set curriculum, providing case management, and providing community resources to English and Spanish-speaking community members.
- To raise community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
- To conduct daily outreach activities, as case management and other operation tasks of the Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research resources online of all nearby organizations to which he/she/they can conduct daily phone and/or zoom outreach to inform of O&E services during COVID-19 (in person outreach when safe).
- Distribute mental health flyers, brochures, promotional items, community resource information, and other materials to community members, schools and all organizations serving underserved individuals and families to obtain enrollments into the O&E program.
- Conduct Case Management with a caseload of 2-8 clients.
- Conduct educational presentations (virtually during COVID-19) based on a set curriculum and provide community resource referrals and linkages, as well as crisis intervention as needed.
- Attend community events (virtually at this time during COVID-19) and act as a liaison with community groups, clinics, FRC’s, senior centers, schools, collaborative groups and other entities serving all underserved aged individuals to enhance mental health issue awareness and knowledge.
- Conduct one on one skill building sessions and mental health screenings at outreach events once determined safe to do so again during the week and weekend (weekend on a rotational basis).
- Pitch in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Comply with daily data entry requirements in the data entry system (Exym) and deadlines set by the county of Orange.
- Comply with HIPAA and Mandated Reporter requirements.
- Comply with staff goals set by Supervisor/Director (# of weekly O&E enrollments, #of monthly engagement units of service, #of monthly outreach contacts, and #of monthly outreach events).
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: AA or BA/BS degree in a mental health/social services related field.
- Required: Bilingual Fluent Spanish (spoken and written).
- Required: 1 year of Social work or Mental Health experience.
- Required: Ability to work 40 hours a week with a set schedule.
- Required: Ability to make it a priority to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Required: Ability and accountability to work in front of a computer for most of the day during COVID-19.
- Required: Ability to make cold calls to organizations to outreach with ease.
- Knowledge of Orange County Resources.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Passion for giving engaging presentations on topics of mental health awareness.
- Ability to work independently in researching resources on the internet and making phone calls to local organizations.
- Fast learner with excellent initiative and ability to engage others.
- Highly enthusiastic, kind, trustworthy, hardworking, and reliable.
- Strong organization and accountability skills.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines for data entry.
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to O&E at [email protected] by Monday, January 18th.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.