Scheduler (Temporary) – Part-Time
Basic Needs Program
|Basic Needs Program:
The program focusses on providing critically-needed household items, so that children can be placed or remain in safe nurturing homes.
Temporary Position Timeframe:
April 1st – August 13th
The Scheduler is responsible for processing referrals received from the Orange County Social Services Agency, including all documentation and notifications via secure email or phone. The scheduler will communicate with donors and schedule pick-ups or drop offs. The scheduler will provide front office administrative support including phones and other general tasks.
1. Maintain Referral Binders, Electronic Referral System and Excel Referral Spreadsheet.
2. Strive for 100% positive feedback on all Satisfaction Surveys.
3. Provide administrative support and guidance for all staff, interns and volunteers.
4. Maintain a clean, well-organized, and welcoming office atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls, forward calls to office staff or take notes and email to unavailable staff.
- Maintain referral binders, data entry into Electronic Referral System and Referral Spreadsheet.
- Schedule referrals;
- Documentation including accurate up to date progress notes, delivery receipts, composing and sending partial completion or completion and 30 days not in stock closing letters/emails.
- Responsible for notifying participants & SSW by email/phone, within 24 hours of receipt of the referral.
- Notify SSW by email/phone when a three (3) day emergent or a ten (10) day non-emergent request will not be met.
- Notify the SSW within 3 days that the requested items have been completed or partially completed, a copy of the delivery receipt and closing letter needs to be sent to the SSW either hand delivered or through secure email.
- Closure letters need to be sent to SSW either hand delivered or through secure email, 30 days from receipt of referral.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling pickups from donors. And Receiving donations here at the warehouse.
- First ask how they heard of us.
- When scheduling always read the waiver at the top of the Donation Pick-Up Request form for all donors.
- When receiving donations here at the warehouse, have the donor complete the entire donation receipt form. Make sure that they include their email address, assure all information is legible. These are used for thank you letters.
- Take photos of donation and scan receipt and email both to Program Supervisor.
- Sometimes you will need to sort through, tag, and complete donation logs.
- Occasionally you will purchase emergent items or office supplies;
- Seek out best pricing for items needed.
- Complete a purchase order and get approval from management before purchasing.
- Once approved make purchase and accurately document everything.
- Enter purchased items into the Basic Needs Access Database.
- Occasionally deliver Basic Needs items and complete all required paperwork as specified in the SOP manual.
- Help to continually update the Resource Packet, including finding new resources. Call and confirm 5 resources a month are still valid or not send the information to Program Supervisor monthly by the 1st of the following month.
- Often you will Supervise warehouse volunteers.
- Make sure all volunteer applications are completed.
- Record all incoming/outgoing times, complete and copy volunteers required paperwork.
- Assist with 10 or more volunteer events.
- Attend all required meetings, including the Basic Needs Team meeting, All Staff meeting, ASKO and others.
- Comply with all required documentation including;
- Mandated Reporter requirements and Civil Rights Training.
- Food Safety certification
- Emergency preparedness
- Provide ongoing updated information for the Staff Required Documentation binder. That is required by the OCSSA
Position Qualifications Required:
- At least one (1) year experience in office including phones or customer service
- Experience with Excel, Word, Access & Outlook and ability to use google maps
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Type at least 40 wpm with accuracy
- Class C California Driver license with a DMV clearance
- Live Scan Clearance
- High School diploma
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to Tina Hopka at [email protected] until the position has been filled.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.