Per Diem Crisis Clinician
Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization
The per diem Mental Health Professional (MHP) serves as a liaison between children/families and systems, and provides on a 24/7 basis, intake and assessment services to individuals experiencing an urgent mental health situation depending on the needs and expectations of each child and family in the Children’s In-Home Crisis Stabilization (CIHCS) program for The Priority Center.
Position is primarily on-call per diem on an intermittent basis as needed between the hours of 5:00 pm Friday through 8:00 am Monday. Position may also provide services Monday through Thursday from 5:00 pm through 8:00 am.
- Be part of a field based crisis team that responds to crisis line calls 24/7 throughout the community.
- Complete documentation as required by the Program Director and/or Program Supervisor in a timely manner and meets the standards of County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA), HIPPA, Medi-Cal and other funding sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 24/7 crisis intervention and critical safety management services in the home or elsewhere to best accommodate the child and family’s schedule.
- Conduct a thorough clinical assessment including chief complaint, history, mental status, needs of family, disposition, and focused on the crisis and safety concerns.
- Conduct a thorough intake, in order to have client successfully enrolled in program, extensively safety plan with client and family to ensure overall safety.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the child/family.
- Document all services provided for HCA contract compliance, as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes.
Supervised by the Program Director and/or Program Supervisor
- Cannot be employed full-time through HCA or cannot be employed full-time through a contacted program through HCA
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field
- Two years’ experience preferred
- Valid California driver’s license
- Live Scan fingerprinting required
- Experience with families and children is highly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required
- Registration with California BBS required
Please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to Janel Falcon at [email protected]
**COVID-19 Considerations: We enforce weekly testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizers, require daily temperature checks, and enforce social distancing**