Outreach & Engagement Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Full-Time
Outreach & Engagement Program
The Outreach & Engagement Specialist is familiar with and, a member of one of Orange County unserved or underserved communities, such as the Latino community, and is able to use her/his/their familiarity with the community to access unserved and underserved community members (all ages) who normally would not receive information about mental health/mental illness issues or obtain help when needed. This Bilingual Specialist has experience in mental health/social work and targets mental health/mental illness awareness through making phone calls to local organizations daily during COVID-19, as well as distributing marketing flyers, conducting presentations, providing case management as needed, and providing community resources to English and Spanish-speaking community members.
- To promote mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of all ages individuals raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
- Conduct daily outreach activities & other operation tasks of the Community Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research resources online of all nearby organizations to which he/she/they can conduct daily phone and zoom outreach to inform of O&E services during COVID-19.
- Distribute mental health flyers, brochures, promotional items, community resource information, and other materials to community members, organizations serving families, seniors, community individuals and groups, food distributions, food banks, testing clinics and any areas where underserved populations congregate to obtain enrollments into the O&E program.
- Conduct educational presentations (virtually during COVID-19), community resource referrals and linkages, crisis intervention and short-term case management as needed.
- Attend community events (virtually at this time during COVID-19) and act as a liaison with community groups, clinics, FRC’s, senior centers, collaborative groups and other entities serving all underserved aged individuals to enhance mental health issue awareness and knowledge.
- Conduct one on one skill building sessions and mental health screenings at outreach events once determined safe to do so again during the week and weekend (weekend on a rotational basis).
- Is in charge of own caseload of skill building clients as needed.
- Pitch in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Comply with daily data entry requirements in the data entry system (Exym) and deadlines set by the county of Orange.
- Comply with HIPAA and Mandated Reporter requirements.
- Comply with staff goals set by Supervisor/Director (# of weekly O&E enrollments, #of monthly engagement units of service, #of monthly outreach contacts, and #of monthly outreach events).
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED.
- Required: Bilingual Fluent Spanish (spoken and written).
- Required: Social work or Mental Health experience.
- Required: Ability to work 40 hours a week with a set schedule.
- Required: Ability to make it a priority to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Required: Ability to work in front of a computer for most of the day during COVID-19.
- Required: Ability to make cold calls to organizations to outreach with ease.
- Required: Passion for outreach and cold calling.
- Knowledge of Orange County Resources.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Passion for giving engaging presentations in front of large audiences on topics of mental health awareness.
- Ability to work independently in researching resources on the internet and making phone calls to local organizations.
- Fast learner with excellent initiative and ability to engage others.
- Highly enthusiastic, kind, trustworthy, hardworking, and reliable.
- Strong organization and accountability skills.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines for data entry.
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to O&E at [email protected] until filled.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.