School Readiness is a three-month program for families with young children based at The Priority Center. The Priority Center works with families helping to support them in fostering a safe and nurturing home environment for children. The School Readiness program assists families in Orange County with children ages 0-8, in reducing barriers to medical care and early childhood mental health services in order to provide them with the healthiest start in life.
This program focuses on identifying developmental delays and behavioral issues at the earliest age possible and then links families to appropriate services and support. Our highly trained staff will screen your child in your home and work with your family to provide an individualized plan of services to meet any needs that are identified.
Our program has built relationships with early childhood care and education providers, pediatricians, and community- based organizations. We partner with each other to work with families of young children. The School Readiness program also works in collaboration with Help Me Grow and utilizes approaches developed by the Early Developmental Screening and Intervention (EDSI) initiative and the organization zero to three.
**The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!)**
The Priority Center is seeking a full-time Bilingual Spanish Mental Health Worker for its School Readiness Program. The focus of the program is to reach out to families with children ages 0-8 with potential developmental or behavioral issues who have been overlooked in order to prepare the family to support their child’s success in school.
This program is comprised of a dedicated team that provides direct service to clients and serves as a resource for families and their children. Services are provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule. Due to COVID-19, in-home services are temporary suspended until further notice and staff will be providing telehealth services to enrolled clients during this time.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Carry a caseload of clients
- Conduct initial child, parent, and family assessments in throughout all Orange County
- Create Individualized Family Plans
- Provide Triple P interventions
- Maintain client files as required and complete required documentation in a timely manner
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Actively participate in all required training
- Participate in program outreach events
- Participate in weekly individual and team supervision
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Work on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or related field
- Experience working with clients directly in a service role is required
- Experience working with families and children ages 0-8 is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Live Scan finger printing required
The Priority Center enforces weekly COVID-19 testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizer, require daily temperature scans and enforce social distancing.
To Apply/Contact Information:Current interested applicants please submit HR Employment Application and current resume to: [email protected]