Mental Health Professional (Bilingual Spanish)
Outreach & Engagement Program
The O&E Level 3 Mental Health Professional provides direct services to clients and serves as a resource for families and team members. The Mental Health Professional manages cases in accordance with a 6-8 week in-home therapy model (virtual during COVID-19) while providing referrals and linkages, based on client’s schedules and availability which may include evenings and weekends. The Mental Health Professional will complete all documentation as required by Program Supervisor and Program Director as per daily deadlines for data entry and meet goals for opening and closing cases as defined by milestones established between Mental Health Professional and client, and approved by Supervisor.
The Mental Health Professional must report to the Program Director and/or Supervisor on a weekly basis during supervision, update the caseload daily as needed, and is responsible for monthly individual goals for engagement which include referrals and following up for linkages for all clients.
- Manages cases in accordance with 6-8 week in-home therapy model (virtual during COVID-19).
- Complete documentation as required by Supervisor and/or agency within 24 hours.
- Meet goals for opening and closing cases as defined by milestones established between therapist and client, and approved by Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry a caseload of 13-17 clients for in-home (or safe place near home) short-term counseling which include a Clinical Assessment and a Treatment Plan (virtual during COVID-19).
- Provide mental health referrals and linkages to participants at beginning of treatment and throughout course of treatment.
- Provide training and mental health resource materials for families in therapy to decrease stigma and enhance mental health awareness.
- Consult as needed with CPS, APS, Mental Health Educators if mutual client, mutual long-term therapists, referral parties and Program Supervisor and Program Director as needed for client’s wellbeing and safety.
- Maintain client files as required and complete required documentation in Exym per daily data entry requirements and deadlines so that monthly reports can be run on time for HCA.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients as needed.
- Comply with HIPAA and Mandated Reporter requirements.
- To help Specialists and Educators when Mental Health Professional’s caseload is low:
- Research resources online of all nearby organizations to which he/she/they can conduct daily phone and zoom outreach to inform of O&E services during COVID-19.
- Distribute mental health flyers, brochures, promotional items, community resource information, and other materials to community members, organizations serving families, seniors, community individuals and groups, food distributions, food banks, testing clinics and any areas where underserved populations congregate to obtain enrollments into the O&E program.
- Pitch in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Submit outreach assignments formatted as requested by the county for specific months of stigma reduction (for example, Mental Health Awareness Month, Suicide prevention Week, Red Ribbon Week etc.)
- Conduct 1:1 Skill Buildings and mental health screenings at outreach events once determined safe to do so again during the week and weekend (weekend on a rotational basis).
- Comply with staff goals set by Supervisor/Director (# of monthly engagement units of service).
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Desirable Qualifications: Experience with families and children.
- Required: Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology or related field required.
- Required: Bilingual Fluent Spanish spoken and written.
- Required: Ability to make it a priority to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Required: Ability to work in front of a computer for most of the day during COVID-19.
- Required: Registration and maintenance of active and current BBS registration.
- Fast learner with excellent initiative and ability to engage others.
- Highly enthusiastic, kind, trustworthy, hardworking, and reliable.
- Strong organization and accountability skills.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines for data entry.
Current interested applicants please submit current resume to [email protected]
**COVID-19 Considerations: We enforce weekly testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizers, require daily temperature checks, and enforce social distancing**