Mental Health Educator/Case Manager (Bilingual Spanish)
Outreach & Engagement Program
The Priority Center’s Outreach and Engagement Program (O&E) is dedicated to providing educational and skills-building presentations, including topics such as growth and development, bullying, anger and stress management, healthy communications and healthy relationships to support emotional and social well-being. These services and presentations reach the underserved populations of at-risk children, adults, and seniors in the Central Region of Orange County. All services are complimentary. We provide mental health outreach including short-term case management, individual skill-building sessions, mental health screenings, educational workshops, support groups, short-term mental health counseling, and linkage to resources in the community.
Conducts mental health/mental illness awareness, knowledge, and skills building presentations in schools and other locations serving all ages individuals; and, provides crisis intervention, case management, structured intervention, and community resource referrals and linkages to community members.
- To promote mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of all ages individuals by raising community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
- Assist the Director with weekly activity reports, coordination of classes & other operation tasks of the Community Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts mental health/mental illness awareness, knowledge, and 1:1 skills building and educational workshop presentations in schools and other locations serving families, seniors, or community individuals.
- Field hotline calls from the public, phone banking follow ups and assistance.
- Conducts case management with a caseload of 8-10 clients.
- Provides crisis intervention, structured intervention, and community resource referrals and linkages to all ages participants.
- Attends community events as needed and act as a liaison with community groups, clinics, FRC’s, collaborative groups and other entities serving all ages individuals to enhance mental health issue awareness and knowledge.
- Comply with data entry requirements in Exym and deliver stats on time for reports and HCA needs.
- Partners with and guides the Outreach and Engagement Specialists and volunteers to help them maximize the effectiveness of their outreach and engagement activities.
- Pitches in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a mental health/social services related field.
- Bilingual fluent in Spanish.
- 1-2 years experience in the delivery of mental health/social service programs including case management, experience with community outreach would be ideal.
- Knowledge of Orange County Resources.
- Proven ability to give engaging presentations in front of large audiences on topics of mental health awareness.
- Excellent public speaking, people, communication, and case management skills.
- Excellent initiative and ability to engage others and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Possesses cultural competency skills and ability to relate to staff, consumers, and community members from Latino, and underserved communities of all ages.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (once in a while) for clients who cannot meet during work hours.
Current interested applicants please submit completed Employment Application to: [email protected]