Grant Writer Job Summary:
The Grant Writer is responsible for the negotiation and the research, development and preparation of grant proposals to private funding sources in both foundation and corporate entities. The Grant Writer works in collaboration with programs and the Director of Development to monitor performance of grants and ensure compliance of existing programs. The Grant Writer will participate in proposal and preparation, and act as a lead in the review and terms and conditions of acceptance over the life of agreements. The Grant Writer will support and advise the DOD in solving challenges such as assessment of risk, special contractual provisions and performance expectations.
The Grant Writer will work closely with Executive Leadership including the Executive Director, DOD, and Chief Program Officer to guide the execution of grant awards from award to program delivery, to ensure contract compliance and success. The Grant Writer will work with the Development Associate to ensure attainment of grantsmanship fundraising goals.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities
- Create grant proposal templates for grant submission for Connected Care, general operations, specific program needs, and innovative program development
- Ensure quality applications are prepared, presented, and submitted by the appointed deadline date
- Manage the grant calendar and prepare monthly reports for Management Team and Development Department
- Ensure data and relationship files are current within one week
- Communicate grant status and program progress to grantors
- Work with the Development Associate to manage the grant calendar, monthly reports, contract research, writing support, and editing
- Prepare all grant follow up reports
- Prepare personalized thank you notes to private foundations from ED
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to contract submission guidelines
- Report key milestones and progress to funders in a timely manner
- Maintain consistent communications with funders and send monthly touch point information
- Coordinate pre- and post-contract award administration efforts
- Manage private contract reports (weekly, monthly, annual)
- Draft and continuously develop case statements and program descriptions
- Work closely with the DOD
- Develop budget reports, budget summaries, and budget narratives in conjunction with the Controller
- Arrange and attend site visits with the Executive Director and DOD, as needed
- Assist the DOD with maintaining relationships with the TPC board members as it relates to grants
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Superior writing, editing, and verbal communications skills; ability to turn data into narrative form
- Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills, including documentation, record-keeping, and reporting
- Knowledge of budgeting process and outcomes measurement
- Familiarity with Lexus Nexus, Foundation Directory, Grant Station, Guidestar
- Ability to work with Acrobat, fundraising software & MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, adhere to deadlines and be attentive to details
- Ability to conduct research via the internet, library and other sources
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with funders, departmental peers, volunteers, and other professionals involved in fundraising
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application with all signatures (found on the Shared Drive>4 Staff Resources), to Evelyn Ramirez at [email protected] by June 20.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.