Full-Time Casework Specialist – Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese required
CalWORKS Home Visiting Program
The Casework Specialist provides in-home parent education and community linkage.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by supervisor and/or agency in timely manner.
- Meet goals for opening/closing cases as defined by milestones provided by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide parenting education via the Commission approved KIPS (Keys to Interactive Parenting Scale) curriculum, PIPE (Partners in Parenting Education) activities, and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) curriculum
- Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection
- Conduct initial needs assessments
- Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
- Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
- Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
- Assist in public education activities as needed (speaking presentations to organizations, parent groups, etc.)
- Maintain cases in accordance with First 5 Orange County and Orange County Social Services Agency (SSA) requirements
- Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized KIPS assessment and Triple P assessment tools
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform development screenings, home safety checks, oral health education, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the Commission
- Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly case review
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Report weekly the number of home visits, direct service hours, referrals provided and travel time for the previous week
- Participate in the planning of various agency and program events as needed
- Assist in public education activities (speaking presentations to organizations and client outreach, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
- One year related experience required, 2 years preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is required
- Successful completion and maintenance of KIPS certification training program and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) certified
Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance