Full-Time Casework Specialist – Bilingual Spanish or Vietnamese required
CalWORKS Home Visiting Program
The Casework Specialist provides in-home parent education and community linkage.
1. Meet productivity level as defined by management.
2. Complete documentation as required by supervisor and/or agency in timely manner.
3. Meet goals for opening/closing cases as defined by milestones provided by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide parenting education via the Commission approved KIPS (Keys to Interactive Parenting Scale) curriculum, PIPE (Partners in Parenting Education) activities, and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) curriculum
• Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection
• Conduct initial needs assessments
• Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
• Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
• Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
• Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
• Assist in public education activities as needed (speaking presentations to organizations, parent groups, etc.)
• Maintain cases in accordance with First 5 Orange County and Orange County Social Services Agency (SSA) requirements
• Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized KIPS assessment and Triple P assessment tools
• Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
• Attend all required meetings
• Perform development screenings, home safety checks, oral health education, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the Commission
• Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
• Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly case review
• Maintain updated statistics monthly
• Report weekly the number of home visits, direct service hours, referrals provided and travel time for the previous week
• Participate in the planning of various agency and program events as needed
• Assist in public education activities (speaking presentations to organizations and client outreach, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
• One year related experience required, 2 years preferred
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is required
• Successful completion and maintenance of KIPS certification training program and Triple P (Positive Parenting Program) certified
• Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application with all signatures (found on the Shared Drive>4 Staff Resources), to Jaime Raygoza at [email protected] by 10/14/2020.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.