General & Administration
The Priority Center is seeking a dedicated Executive Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director. This role is full-time. The Executive Assistant provides direct support to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. This role is responsible for supporting the role of the Executive Director, while also assisting in preparation of Board and Committee meetings. The Executive Assistant may attend off-site, evening and weekend community events as well as planning meetings to support the agency’s efforts. The position works in-house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Assistance & Special Projects to the Executive Director
• Coordinate executive communications including taking calls, responding to emails, and interfacing with Board, volunteers, staff and donors.
• Prepare internal and external corporate documents for the Executive Director on behalf of the Priority Center.
• Schedule meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries.
• Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents for executive offices. (including archiving each year)
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, board, volunteers and donors.
• Manage the files Board Renewal Filing System and Tickler File systems.
• Filing, data entry, and calendaring and arranging tours as needed
• Responsible for coordination of Monthly Community Open House & Tour Logistics, invitations and set up, food, and clean up
• Records are kept current (e.g. corporate documents, meeting minutes, agendas, outgoing and incoming contracts/communications, phone/email/task lists)
• Ensure that administrative requirement and standards for program operations are met
• Board meetings support: Manages the Board invitations, follow-up, set-up of meetings, food arrangements, and cleanup of meeting. On day of the meeting, greeter of all guests, and hostess offering beverages etc. Administrative Asst. role is to attend each Board meeting, record the minutes in detail and transcribe them in draft for review by the Executive Director the following day, to be sent out within 3 days of meeting. The Assistant will help follow up on open items assigned from the meeting.
• Prepare letters and communications to community leaders, civic leaders and assist with tours as needed at the request of the Executive Director
• Arrange refreshments, meeting set-up and clean-up for various meetings
• Arrange/coordinate meetings and tours for engaging potential major donors, foundations and potential Board members as requested
Communications between Executive Office and Board of Directors, Staff, Funders and Community Leaders
• Create a Master Calendar of Activities and Invites for Executive Director and Board Members including Board agendas. Track the RSVPs and minutes are circulated with plenty of notice (4 weeks in advance).
• Attend all Board meetings (off-site and after regular business hours).
• Be responsive to Executive Directors needs
• Update our video release and photo release forms
• Call lists, scheduled meetings and other commitments are brought to Executive Director’s attention well in advance to enable a well-thought through response
• Communications (written and verbal) are responded to in a timely and professional manner
• Manage Internal Newsletter
• Manage communication with All Staff re: staff meetings, agenda preparation support
• Manage and support and planning of All Staff Retreat w/ Executive Director
• Manage and support and plan Board Retreat materials and activities with Executive Director
• Represent Executive Director at meetings as requested
• Organize, Coordinate Community Tours
• Help Organize Staff Retreat
• Help Organize Board Retreat
• Coordinate Board Meetings
• Minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, project management and problem-solving skills multi-tasking abilities.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Self-starter needing minimal supervision and strong follow through skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, with ability to become familiar with firm specific programs and software.
• Proficiency in collaboration
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Individual must have a strong commitment to the mission of The Prevention Center
• Ability to be flexible, be friendly and have a positive attitude
• Professional attire and demeanor
• Experience with Salesforce or other relational database a plus
• Previous work in a nonprofit organization is a plus
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to HR at [email protected] until Wednesday, June 23rd.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.