Mission & Vision
Our mission at The Priority Center is to deliver life-changing programs to assist people in crisis by giving them the tools and support necessary to end the generational cycle of trauma- including prevention of child abuse and neglect, through early intervention and mental health services and advocacy. We value every individual’s right to grow up and live in a safe and nurturing environment.
How We Help
The Priority Center’s 9 different life-changing programs are designed to work with each family’s or individual’s unique needs to directly serve those in need, reach those we can engage in our work, and teach those whom we cannot directly serve.
The Development Manager will achieve annual revenue goals by executing growth strategies with a special focus on pursuing annual giving strategies, developing and nurturing of the 100 individuals identified within the portfolio created, and all other areas of responsibilities. The incumbent must work cross-functionally to leverage and enhance donor and prospect engagement, utilize data base and manage total portfolio to achieve fundraising goals.
**The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!)**
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Development plans, coordinates, implements and tracks all fundraising activities for individuals, actively soliciting donors and community resources. Programs include: Individual and Annual Giving/Annual Campaigns, giving circles, create a monthly donor giving club, direct mail, beneficiary special events, (milestone event, movie night, prayer breakfast, golf tournaments) and special projects, as well as peer-to-peer fundraising efforts. (Athletic Challenge, Ragnar Race) Provide leadership to Families Helping Families and Project Back Campaigns. Establish a solid GIK program and resource development network. Building a solid GIK Bank of new contacts. Non- signature events. This is a hands-on position requiring fundamental and personal work in every area of responsibility.
- Raise $250,000 +
- Solicit donations of $5 and up to $5,000 from individual prospects who embrace the Center’s Mission.
- Manage relationships with approximately 100 prospective supporters of the Center.
- Create a Resource Development GIK Bank of Contacts and structure
- Create a monthly giving program for the 40th Anniversary
- Design and implement and/or maintain a structured peer to peer fund-raising program as an aspect of the Center’s overall program and for economic resource development.
- Build a strong bench of volunteers who can assist in the GIK arena
- Steward the portfolio of donors regularly with touchpoints weekly, monthly and meetings as well
- Create 4 quarterly newsletters for the Center- appeals
- Create a year end appeal, a November appeal of giving thanks, Child Abuse Prevention Appeal and Mental Health Matters appeal and Suicide Prevention Appeal, Back to School Appeal
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate prospect strategies and participate in direct cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition of donor activity.
- Work as part of the development team as a strong, positive and highly professional presence in the community.
- Collect post-event evaluations and results to assess the status of key contributors.
- The Development Manager will work with the Director of Special Events and Chief Executive Officer to set and execute long-term cross-functional strategic plans to fundraise – achieving portfolio goals. Plans should include benchmark milestones on financial results, relationship development goals, year-round engagement and donor stewardship processes
- Establish and maintain a qualified fundraising pipeline, focused on achieving stretch goals to support enhanced revenue streams
- Oversee, plan and execute annual fundraising initiatives to achieve revenue goals
- Create and execute targeted plans to reach fundraising goals for key accounts
- Provide a high level of sales strategy and professional presentations
- Participate in, and take a leadership role in other departmental and organizational opportunities and initiatives as requested
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing or non-profit management or related field ideal
- Three to five years of non-profit fundraising experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of
- Delivers effective individual and group presentations which are powerful and impactful to drive financial support of The Center
- Skilled in developing key and relationships with individuals while building rapport quickly to deliver results
- Demonstrate sense of urgency, ability to independently determine priorities, maintain activity on a number of projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively, yet independently and act innovatively and embrace change
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, goal-oriented, team environment
- Sound judgment, discretion and commitment. Maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- The successful candidate will be mature, highly motivated, and team-oriented, with the highest ethical standards and ability to drive results
Professional Core Competencies Required
- Mission Focused: Creates real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable financial and non-financial goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Understands role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
How to Apply:
Please submit current resume to [email protected]