Community Engagement Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – SFYC
The Priority Center is seeking a part-time Bilingual-Spanish Community Engagement Specialist for its Services for Families with Young Children (SFYC) Program. Our mission is to deliver life-changing programs to assist people in crisis by giving them the tools and support necessary to end the generational cycle of trauma- including prevention of child abuse and neglect, through early intervention and mental health services and advocacy.
The focus of the Services for Families with Young Children (SFYC) program is to reach out to families with children ages 0-8 with potential developmental or behavioral issues who have been overlooked in order to prepare the family to support their child’s success in school. This program is comprised of a dedicated team that provides direct service to clients and serves as a resource for families and their children. Services are provided primarily in the home and to accommodate the client and family’s schedule. Services are in-home, virtual or hybrid depending on the family’s needs.
The Community Education Specialist promotes mental health wellness for families with children ages 0-8 and among providers serving families with children ages 0-8 by raising community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, social-emotional issues and the importance of early identification and intervention. The Community Education Specialist leads the implementation and execution of program community trainings throughout Orange County by utilizing evidence-based curriculum, Triple P, to educate parents and community providers in early childhood development, identify early occurrence in mental health issues in children and to enroll parents for SFYC. The Community Education Specialist supports the Program Director in reviewing participant and provider feedback regarding community trainings to ensure successful administration of program services. The Community Education Specialist will also work closely with Program Director and Outreach Specialist in the development and execution of a comprehensive, county marketing strategy to increase program awareness.
- Educate community of and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, the importance of reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing child/family concerns early, and promoting access to available community resources by the implementation of community trainings.
- Utilize Triple P parenting curriculum to conduct community trainings throughout Orange County to identify parents of children ages 0-8 or providers working with families with children ages 0-8 to promote early child mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of children.
- To identify opportunities to reach families with children ages 0-8 who are at-risk and could benefit from SFYC community trainings.
- Assist the Program Director and Outreach Specialist in developing and executing a comprehensive, countywide marketing strategy to increase the number of children and families referred and served by the SFYC team.
- Provides programmatic excellence in supporting the team to meet contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with Program Director and cultivates relationships regarding newly identified community providers interested in community trainings
- Effectively promotes program by conducting community trainings to potential referral sources and participants of program services to meet contract goals
- Recruits and collaborates with child and family services providers and community members to help expand community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, social-emotional issues and the importance of early identification and intervention
- Maintains updated community training request log and participant registration for scheduled community trainings
- Provides proper follow-up with providers and participants who have attended community trainings
- Regularly updates Exym to reflect all community trainings and outcomes
- Maintains a positive, “can-do” attitude toward achieving outreach goals and proactively problem-solve to address any barriers encountered in these efforts. Seeks appropriate
- feedback and direction from the Program Director and Program Supervisor ongoing.
- Attends all required The Priority Center and SFYC meetings and completes administrative tasks, such as ADP entries, mileage reimbursement reports and other forms, in accordance with established deadlines
- Create flyers for community trainings on a monthly basis or as needed
- Distributes SR program cards, flyers, and brochures to parents, caregivers, organizations serving children and families, or community individuals or groups that can spread the word to parents and caregivers. Conducts this messaging and advertising in accordance with the established marketing plan.
- Prepare all material and items needed for events, outreaching and screenings. Keep track of inventory and maintain storage stocked and organized with program materials.
- Connects with children and families at community gatherings and events, including evenings and weekends
- Effectively promotes program by attending and participating in community provider collaborative meetings or events
- Minimum Qualifications: BA, with education in marketing, social/ human service preferable.
- Some experience in marketing, communications, social service or mental health field.
- Excellent people and communication skills, strong initiative, a demonstrated ability to engage others and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Bilingual Spanish, required.
- Working environment is predominantly out in the field in addition to some days in the office.
- Requires little or no physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting or walking while performing duties, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Travel required throughout Orange County
This is a part time, non-exempt position with hourly compensation of $21.12 per hour.
Interested applicants please submit completed HR Employment Application and current resume to [email protected].