Community Engagement Coordinator – Bilingual Spanish
School Readiness Program
The Community Engagement Coordinator is familiar with Orange County underserved or unserved communities and is able to use their familiarity with the community to access unserved or underserved families with children ages 0-8 who are at-risk of emotional, behavioral, and/or mental health issues that could prevent them from accessing and/or participating in school. Facilitates collaboration with community providers, Early Childhood Education (ECE) providers, physicians and other entities to support the SRPS team in increasing the referral base to achieve set goals. Supports the Program Director in the development and execution of a comprehensive, countywide marketing strategy.
- To promote early child mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of children by raising community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, mental health issues, the importance of reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing child/family concerns early, and promoting access to available community resources.
- To identify opportunities to reach families with children ages 0-8 who are at-risk and could benefit from SRPS
- Assist the Program Director in developing and executing a comprehensive, countywide marketing strategy to increase the number of children and families referred and served by the SR team
- Provides programmatic excellence in supporting the team to meet contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distributes SR program cards, flyers, and brochures to parents, caregivers, organizations serving children and families, or community individuals or groups that can spread the word to parents and caregivers. Conducts this messaging and advertising in accordance with the established marketing plan.
- Connects with children and families at community gatherings and events, including evenings and weekends
- Coordinates with Program Director and cultivates relationships regarding newly identified community referral sources
- Effectively promotes program by attending and participating in community provider collaborative meetings or events
- Recruits and collaborates with child and family services providers and community members to help expand community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, social-emotional issues and the importance of early identification and intervention
- Regularly updates Exym to reflect all outreach efforts and outcomes
- Assists Community Education Specialist with community trainings as needed
- Attends all required The Priority Center and SR meetings and completes administrative tasks, such as paycom entries, mileage reimbursement reports and other forms, in accordance with established deadlines
- Maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude toward achieving outreach goals and proactively problem-solve to address any barriers encountered in these efforts. Seek appropriate feedback and direction from the Program Director and Program Supervisor ongoing.
- Minimum Qualifications: BA, with education in marketing preferable
- Some experience in marketing, communications, social service or mental health field.
- Excellent people and communication skills, strong initiative, a demonstrated ability to engage others and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Bilingual Spanish, required.
Please submit Employment Application and current resume to [email protected]
**COVID-19 Considerations: We enforce weekly testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizers, require daily temperature checks, and enforce social distancing**