Community Education Specialist – Bilingual Spanish
School Readiness Program
The Community Education Specialist promotes mental health wellness for families with children ages 0-8 and among providers serving families with children ages 0-8 by raising community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, social-emotional issues and the importance of early identification and intervention. The Community Education Specialist leads the implementation and execution of program community trainings throughout Orange County by utilizing evidence-based curriculum, Triple P, to educate parents and community providers in early childhood development, identify early occurrence in mental health issues in children and to enroll parents for SRPS. The Community Education Specialist supports the Program Director in reviewing participant and provider feedback regarding community trainings to ensure successful administration of program services. The Community Education Specialist will also work closely with Program Director and Community Engagement Coordinator in the development and execution of a comprehensive, county marketing strategy to increase program awareness.
- Educate community of and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, the importance of reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing child/family concerns early, and promoting access to available community resources by the implementation of community trainings.
- Utilize Triple P parenting curriculum to conduct community trainings throughout Orange County to identified parents of children ages 0-8 or providers working with families with children ages 0-8 to promote early child mental health wellness and prevent mental illness of children.
- To identify opportunities to reach families with children ages 0-8 who are at-risk and could benefit from SRPS community trainings.
- Assist the Program Director and Community Engagement Coordinator in developing and executing a comprehensive, countywide marketing strategy to increase the number of children and families referred and served by the SR team.
- Provides programmatic excellence in supporting the team to meet contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with Program Director and cultivates relationships regarding newly identified community providers interested in community trainings
- Effectively promotes program by conducting community trainings to potential referral sources and participants of program services to meet contract goals
- Recruits and collaborates with child and family services providers and community members to help expand community awareness of, and increasing knowledge about, social-emotional issues and the importance of early identification and intervention
- Maintains updated community training request log and participant registration for scheduled community trainings
- Provides proper follow-up with providers and participants who have attended community trainings
- Regularly updates Exym to reflect all community trainings and outcomes
- Maintains a positive, “can-do” attitude toward achieving outreach goals and proactively problem-solve to address any barriers encountered in these efforts. Seeks appropriate
feedback and direction from the Program Director and Program Supervisor ongoing.
- Attends all required The Priority Center and SR meetings and completes administrative tasks, such as paycom entries, mileage reimbursement reports and other forms, in accordance with established deadlines
- Minimum Qualifications: BA in Sociology, Child Development or Social Work
- Some experience in marketing, communications, social service or mental health field.
- Excellent people and communication skills, strong initiative, a demonstrated ability to engage others and work as a team.
- Highly enthusiastic, positive, personable, hardworking, and reliable.
- Bilingual Spanish, required.
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to Karla Miranda at [email protected] until the position has been filled.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.