Casework Specialist – Full-Time
(Bilingual Spanish or Farsi or Arabic)
CalWORKS Home Visiting Program
The Priority Center is seeking a full-time Bilingual Spanish or Farsi or Arabic Casework Specialist for its Home Visiting Program. The CalWORKS Home Visiting Program serves high risk families, with children aged 0- 5 years that could benefit from a program that includes parent education, case management, and linkages to community resources. Caseworkers use the Keys to Interactive Parenting (KIPS), Partners in Parenting Education (PIPE) and Triple P curriculum to work in home with participants. In addition, Caseworkers provide activities to increase attachment, strengthen bonding opportunities, provide developmental screenings and educate parents about home and car safety, nutrition, immunizations, healthy development, oral health, school readiness and manage behavior.
Sample Core Responsibilities:
- Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parenting education, problem solving, and case management
- Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection.
- Conduct initial needs assessments
- Develop relationship with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency.
- Provide in-home visitations with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
- Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
- Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
- Assist in public education activities as needed (speaking presentations to organizations, parent groups, etc.)
- Maintain cases in accordance with First 5 Orange County and Orange County Social Services Agency (SSA) requirements
- Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized KIPS assessment and Triple P assessment tools
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform development screenings, home safety checks, oral health education, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the Commission
- Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly case review
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Report weekly the number of home visits, direct service hours, referrals provided and travel time for the previous week
- Participate in the planning of various agency and program events as needed
- Assist in public education activities (speaking presentations to organizations and client outreach, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or equivalent experience
- One-year related experience required, 2 years preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Farsi or English/Arabic required
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
Current interested staff members please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to Justina Ryan-Baldwin at [email protected] until Friday, May 7th, 2021.
Know someone who’s interested?
Don’t forget about our staff member referral program!
Please ask them to send their application, resume and salary expectation to [email protected] referencing the position title in the subject line.