The Infant-Toddler Home Visitation Program provides up to two years of services for families with children 0-3 years of age. The program utilizes the Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum. PAT is an early childhood home visiting program designed to help parents lean more about parenting, support their child’s development, and help with the challenges of parenting. Services also include connections to community resources, group connections with other parents, developmental screenings, and improvements in family well-being. Services are provided (at no cost) in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!).
The Casework Specialist provides in-home parent education and community linkage to families with children aged 0-5 years old.
- Meet productivity level as defined by management.
- Complete documentation as required by supervisor and/or agency in timely manner.
- Meet goals for opening/closing cases as defined by milestones provided by supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide parenting education via the First Five Orange County-approved Parents as Teachers (PAT) curriculum
- Maintain a caseload of up to 24 clients/families
- Track family progress utilizing pre and post standardized PAT assessment tools
- Respond immediately to newly assigned cases to ensure agency connection
- Conduct initial needs assessments
- Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
- Provide in-home visits with a focus on parent education, problem solving, and case management
- Follow TCM protocols as outlined by the agency TCM manual including:
- Complete risk factor assessment for appropriate clients meeting Targeted Case Managed (TCM) criteria
- Open and close TCM clients with Comprehensive Individualized Care Plans and Periodic Reviews
- Provide clients with consultation, assessment, linkage, and referral to service providers and placement activities, with follow-ups to occur within 30 days from date of referral(s)
- Ensure all TCM clients have at least one TCM encounter every calendar month
- Attend all agency and county TCM and TCM Time Survey trainings
- Complete monthly TCM Time Surveys
- Coordinate with all agencies involved in cases
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements
- Provide ongoing observation for elements of abuse and neglect within assigned families
- Maintain cases in accordance with First Five Orange County requirements
- Attend all required meetings
- Perform development screenings, immunization screenings, and other activities required by the First Five Orange County
- Participate in the seasonal events/programs benefitting clients
- Participate in weekly individual supervision and monthly case review
- Maintain updated statistics monthly
- Report weekly the number of home visits, direct service hours, travel time, and TCM encounters for the previous week
- Participate in the planning of various agency and program events as needed
- Assist in public education activities (speaking presentations to organizations and client outreach, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field
- One-year related experience required, 2 years preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese is required
- Access to reliable vehicle and current car insurance
To Apply/Contact Information:
Current interested applicants please submit current resume to: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/The-Priority-Center/jobs