Full-time Case Manager (AIHCS) Job Summary:
The primary responsibility of the Case Manger is to engage in a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet the comprehensive health needs of adult clients and families in the Adult In-Home Crisis Stabilization (AIHCS) program of the Priority Center through communication and available resources.
1. Be part of a field-based crisis team.
2. Meet productivity level as defined by the Priority Center and AIHCS management.
3. Complete documentation as required by Program Director and/or Program Supervisor in a timely manner and meets the standards of the County of Orange Health Care Agency (HCA), HIPPA, Medi-Cal and other funding sources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention and critical safety management services primarily in the home to accommodate the adult and family’s schedule.
- Provide support to the individual adult and family to help them cope with stressors related to serious emotional disturbance.
- Conduct an assessment of resource needs of the adult and family, prioritize needs, and reinforce benefits of using resources.
- Identify resources of interest and empower the adult and family, as well as identify and address barriers to utilizing resources.
- Consult, confer and coordinate with referring and other community agencies and resources to advocate for the mental health needs of the adult/family.
- Provide rehabilitation services as needed to improve, maintain and restore functioning including, but not limited to, social skills, impulse control, coping skills and communication.
- Assisting the adult/family in identifying their natural supports, and in the absence of natural supports, investigate surrogate supports.
- Assist the family in identifying their adult’s strengths and the strengths of the family.
- Maintain contact with adults placed in hospital/respite/residential care and participate in discharge planning and necessary collateral contacts.
- Document all services provided for HCA contract compliance, as well as financial, statistical and other reporting purposes.
- Supervised by the Program Director and Program Supervisor
- High school diploma or GED and 5 years of experience working with adults with mental health concerns OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or related field, and demonstrated skills in working with adults and families.
- Working environment is indoor, reasonably clean, well-lighted and ventilated
- Generally little or no probability of injury or health impairments
- Requires little or no physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting or walking while performing duties, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.