Outreach and Engagement Specialist (Bilingual Spanish) – Full-Time
Outreach and Engagement Program
The Spanish-speaking Bilingual O&E Specialist is a hybrid position that combines outreach with case management services. As an Outreach and Engagement Specialist, you are familiar with and a member of one of Orange County’s unserved or underserved communities, such as the Latino community, and are able to use your familiarity with the community to reach this population in Central Orange County who would normally not receive information about mental health issues or obtain help when needed. You will conduct outreach in the community in person or by phone, distribute flyers and promotional items, attend community events, as well as provide brief case management services with a caseload of 2 to 8 clients which includes referral and linkage to community resources and skill-building to enhance client well-being.
These services will take place either in the field, by telephone, or over Zoom. You will partner with other team members to facilitate workshops or webinars with a set curriculum on a variety of mental health topics and will consult with O&E therapists on shared cases.
There is no after-hours on-call requirement for this 40-hour per week position. The hours are generally normal business hours, but will include occasional evenings or weekends to conduct community outreach events or accommodate a client’s schedule. However, when that happens, you will always be able to adjust your schedule so you do not work more than 40-hours per week or 8 hours per day.
In this position you will receive individual and group supervision as well as training on a variety of mental health subjects. You will learn valuable skills in working one on one with clients, educating the community, and county documentation. If you enjoy serving the community by helping to reduce mental health stigma, providing resources and working independently while being part of a great team, please apply!
- To raise community awareness and increasing knowledge about mental health issues, reducing psychosocial risk factors and strengthening protective factors, addressing concerns, and promoting access to available community resources.
- To conduct daily outreach activities, as case management and other operation tasks of the Outreach and Engagement Program so that it achieves goal #1, provides programmatic excellence, and meets all contract requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research resources online of all nearby organizations to which he/she/they can conduct daily phone and/or zoom outreach to inform of O&E services during COVID-19 (in person outreach when safe).
- Distribute mental health flyers, brochures, promotional items, community resource information, and other materials to community members, schools and all organizations serving underserved individuals and families to obtain enrollments into the O&E program.
- Conduct Case Management with a caseload of 2-8 clients.
- Conduct educational presentations (virtually during COVID-19) based on a set curriculum and provide community resource referrals and linkages, as well as crisis intervention as needed.
- Attend community events (virtually at this time during COVID-19) and act as a liaison with community groups, clinics, FRC’s, senior centers, schools, collaborative groups and other entities serving all underserved aged individuals to enhance mental health issue awareness and knowledge.
- Conduct one on one skill building sessions and mental health screenings at outreach events once determined safe to do so again during the week and weekend (weekend on a rotational basis).
- Pitch in wherever needed to help the team launch and perfect the Outreach and Engagement Program.
- Comply with daily data entry requirements in the data entry system (Exym) and deadlines set by the county of Orange.
- Comply with HIPAA and Mandated Reporter requirements.
- Comply with staff goals set by Supervisor/Director (# of weekly O&E enrollments, # of monthly engagement units of service, # of monthly outreach contacts, and #of monthly outreach events).
- Additional duties as needed/assigned.
- Required: Bilingual Fluent in Spanish (spoken and written).
- Required: Ability to make cold calls to organizations to outreach with ease.
- Desired Qualifications: 1-2 years of experience providing resources to underserved populations; experience with community outreach and case management would be ideal.
- Possess cultural competency skills with ability to relate to staff, consumers, and community members from the Latino, as well as other underserved communities of all ages.
- Knowledge of Orange County Resources.
- Excellent public speaking and proven ability to give engaging presentations in front of large audiences on topics of mental health awareness.
- Fast learner with excellent initiative and ability to engage others.
- Highly enthusiastic, kind, trustworthy, hardworking, and reliable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Strong organization and accountability skills.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines for data entry.
Please submit completed Internal Job Application (attached) to O&E at [email protected]
**COVID-19 Considerations: We enforce weekly testing for unvaccinated or undisclosed staff. We provide masks, hand sanitizers, require daily temperature checks, and enforce social distancing**