Full-time Bilingual Spanish Mental Health Worker (SR) Job Summary:
The Mental Health Worker provides direct services to participants and serves as a resource for children and their families. Conducts child, parent, and family assessments, creates Individualized Family Plans, facilitates parenting interventions and case management support, manages cases in accordance with funding requirements, completes documentation and case notes, and meets resource referral and linkage goals. Also supports program developmental screening efforts in the community.
1. Develop relationships with families that build upon strengths & enhance self-sufficiency
2. Provide in-home visitation with a focus on supporting a child’s healthy development, conducting behavioral intervention, and facilitating parent-child bonding and attachment
3. Complete documentation as required by Program Director &/or TPC in a timely manner
4. Track family progress utilizing pre- and post-assessment tools
5. Meet all contracted service goals as outlined by Program Director
6. Assist in public education/outreach activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry a caseload of clients
- Conduct initial child, parent, and family assessments
- Create Individualized Family Plans
- Provide Triple P interventions Facilitate appropriate linkages of families to community resources
- Maintain client files as required and complete all documentation in a timely manner.
- Comply with Mandated Reporter requirements.
- Attend all required program and TPC meetings.
- Actively participate in all required training.
- Participate in various community outreach events.
- Participate in weekly individual and team supervision.
- Maintain updated statistics weekly and as needed.
- Work on specific assignments related to the agency as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Child Development or related field required.
- Experience with families and children ages 0-7 is preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish/Vietnamese desired.
- Valid California Driver’s license.
- Live Scan fingerprinting required.
- Generally little or no probability of injury or health impairments.
- Requires little or no physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting or walking while performing duties, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Travel required throughout Orange County.