Accounting Director – The Priority Center
The Priority Center is seeking an Accounting Director in our General & Administration department. Our mission is to deliver life-changing programs to assist people in crisis by giving them the tools and support necessary to end the generational cycle of trauma- including prevention of child abuse and neglect, through early intervention and mental health services and advocacy.
**The Priority Center also offers a 9/80 work week schedule which allows for one day off every two weeks (equivalent to having an additional 26 days off per year!)**
Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives. Directs and implements accounting policies and procedures. Responsible for accounting operations and systems; analysis and report preparation; and leading accounting professionals and staff.
- Support organization financial goals forecasts and objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing accounting staff. Forecasts of the financial position of the Center will ensure all steps are taken to maintain the financial health of the Center.
- Manages Weekly Cash Flow and Expense to Revenue flow.
- Always provides open dialogue with CEO and Finance Committee on the status of our fiscal health. Potential financial risks, if any, are openly discussed as soon as they arise.
- Provides inputs for budget planning and goal setting and monitors fiscal performance to plan.
- Lead an effective and comprehensive process for all accounting functions, reconciliations and month end close.
- Manage financial reporting process including monthly management reporting, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Identify opportunities to improve systems and processes, working with operations, corporate accounting, IT and others to consistently improve accuracy and efficiency of processing transactions while improving internal controls.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Directs internal and external audit engagements. Reviews and approves financial transactions and ensures compliance with monthly and fiscal year end close requirements.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns.
- Ensures E & R and all contract billings are submitted on time to maintain cash flow
Works with CEO and accounting team to prepare annual operating budget
- Works with Chief Program Officer on Program Contract Renewals
- Works with Audit Committee and accounting team to lead annual audit
- Provides oversight of payroll
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex data for a variety of Board of Directors, Finance Committee.
- Exhibits strong leadership and transparency.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills with a proven track record of building effective relationships across functional areas and with external and community partners.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Transparent and open working style and high level of professional integrity.
- Strong work ethics.
- Excellent problem solving, and ability to respond to a changing array of opportunities.
- Ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
- Knowledge of state and federal tax laws.
- Demonstrated competence in financial reporting and internal controls, development of financial and budget planning models, and benchmarking tools.
- Proficiency with reporting tools, ERP systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Focused on results.
- Mindful of deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Nonprofit experience required!
- BS or BA in accounting
- Three to six years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Accounting management experience
- Experience supervising accounting staff
- Experience in accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Working environment is indoor, reasonably clean, well-lighted, and ventilated
- Generally little or no probability of injury or health impairments
- Requires little or no physical effort involving intermittent standing, sitting or walking while performing duties, occasional lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Full time in Office (no remote)
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary ranging between $90,000 to $100,000 annually.
Interested applicants please submit completed HR Employment Application and current resume to [email protected].